Contenu | Rechercher | Menus

Annonce

Si vous avez des soucis pour rester connecté, déconnectez-vous puis reconnectez-vous depuis ce lien en cochant la case
Me connecter automatiquement lors de mes prochaines visites.

À propos de l'équipe du forum.

#1 Le 13/12/2007, à 04:39

francois008

Thinkpad T30: HPA supprimée.

Je cite mon problème, directement de http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_5.04_on_a_ThinkPad_T43_(1875)#Getting_Access_IBM_to_Work_1

Older Thinkpads like T40(p) or T41(p) use a HPA (Hidden Protected Area) instead of this system partition for this PreDesktop Area. Unfortunately the linux kernel disables this area (every time non preventable?) at boot time and if you later choose "Use largest unpartitioned space" during ubuntu installation, you will destroy the HPA. Additionally GRUB will write this "altered" geometry (with disabled HPA) into the MBR. This leads to a totally broken system. After reboot windows will boot to bluescreen (Unmountable Volume) and Access IBM will not work as well. It seems that the special IBM MBR has to be there for accessing the hidden partitions in the HPA. So far, I could not yet install ubuntu (preserving winxp (with security chip on) and preserving IBM PreDesktop Area, with success. Any ideas very welcome. (I will try to partition manually and install GRUB or LILO NOT to MBR and report the results.)

Je suis exactement dans cette situation, mon grub me dit maintenant:
Grub Error 18

J'ai aucune idée comment restaurer ou contourner ce problème, et d'ailleurs, n'importe qui qui installerais un autre disque dur que celui d'origine aurait ce souci.

Une idée ?

Dernière modification par francois008 (Le 13/12/2007, à 04:40)