Contenu | Rechercher | Menus

Annonce

Si vous avez des soucis pour rester connecté, déconnectez-vous puis reconnectez-vous depuis ce lien en cochant la case
Me connecter automatiquement lors de mes prochaines visites.

À propos de l'équipe du forum.

#1 Le 05/07/2008, à 22:34

zbraniecki

Freebox ips [in english]

Hi.

Sorry for writing here, but since I'm an ubuntu user, it's the first community I can think of who could help me.

So, I'm a dev, using ubuntu, and today I came to Paris for 2 months.
In my rented apt, I have a Freebox HD and I'm trying to learn what's wrong with it.

Basically I have two laptops, and Freebox serves one IP for both resulting in conflict.

When I log in by cable, it still asigns the very same single IP - 82.227.163.164.
When I'm manually changing an IP, I can ping one machine from another, but I cannot get DNS working and can't get outside with any other IP than 82.227.163.164.

I expect that inside the Freebox someone limited the amount of symultaneous logins to 1, giving one IP for DHCP and one IP for DNS, but not sure how to check that.

I'm from poland, and similar solution there, (provided by TPSA - a company owned by France Telecom wink) I can login into my router box on some port, and manage the router locally.

1) Is that possible that the amount of Wifi IP's is limited to 1?
2) Is there any other potential reason why all machines get one IP and setting a different one doesn't work?
3) How could I login to admin panel to check that/change that?

Thanks!

#2 Le 05/07/2008, à 22:53

seb0uil

Re : Freebox ips [in english]

Hi,
i don't know about the freebox hd, but on the freebox v4, u have to log on free.fr to configure the freebox as a router, so u can connect more than on computer..

hope that help

Java stuff ::
tPortal.. ma petite implémentation de la JSR168
jlibParam.. pooling, paramétrage etc...

#3 Le 06/07/2008, à 09:40

mjoly

+1.. that's correct, to put the freebox in router mode you have to go here http://subscribe.free.fr/login/ and put your IDs you've get from free.

After, you'll have to go on "Internet" the click on "Configurer mon routeur Freebox" (configure my freebox router).

Then you'll have to check the box after "Vous souhaitez activer ce service:" (you want to activate this service".

Let the freebox IP address and then go to "DHCP activé" (Activating DHCP) and check the box in front of to activate it (if you need DHCP...)

At the end, you'll have on the right side in red to click on "Envoyer" (send).

Then, it's OK, you'll only have to reboot the box to get the new configuration on your freebox..

ACER 3610 Xubuntu 32bits  ~ 8.04 / XP  - HERCULES EX-HD 800mhz (ARM) - 512mb / 64Gb SD + 8gb flash / ubuntu 10.04 - Openbox.

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Le 06/07/2008, à 13:15

zbraniecki

thank you guys!

So, should the owner of the apt have the registration ID/pass, or should I generate it somehow? Does it cost to switch freebox to be a router?

#5 Le 06/07/2008, à 13:34

redisded

yes, the owner of the apt should have the registration ID/pass, and it's free to switch the freebox to the router mode. Welcome in France wink